+49 (0)8709 9263927 info@cjk-immobilien.de
  • Deutsch
  • English
Energy Performance Certificate

Energy Performance Certificate

According to the German Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV), an Energy Performance Certificate is mandatory when buildings are sold or leased.

The Energy Performance Certificate documents the building's energy quality and provides specific modernisation hints for saving energy. It helps owners, tenants and buyers estimate the building’s energy costs and brings more transparency to the energy quality of a building.

The Energy Performance Certificate can be grouped into 2 categories:

  • the Usage Certificate (Verbrauchsausweis):  based on the metered consumption. It is determined on the actual energy use of the property over a period of at least 36 continuous months.

  • the Demand Certificate (Bedarfsausweis): based on the calculated energy demand taking into account the different aspects of energy efficiency as walls, roof, windows and furnace.

Please note: A Usage Certificate can only be issued for residential buildings with at least 5 units or built after 1977. Other buildings have their choice between the two certificates. Indeed, most specialists favour the Demand Certificate.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to know more about the EPC or if you need an approved issue.

Quick Contact

Tel.: +49 (0)8709 9263927

Property Search

CJK Immobilien GmbH

Your exclusive real estate agent at Tiefenbach near Landshut.